14 May 2009 Garlic? Ugh!


My mothers generation would have been shocked by the very suggestion that garlic tastes good.
As far as my Mum was concerned garlic was extremely sinful, made you reek, frightened horses, and lost an empire.
So,with great pleasure, and a childish delight in naughtiness, I share my love of the stinking rose with you.
Here is yesterdays painting showing our faithful chopping board, a duck egg, and a gorgeous head of garlic.
The painting is another 6"x8" canvas.
The original is not yet on the open market because my favourite gallery people in Norfolk [Flint Gallery, Blakeney], get first choice for their upcoming still life exhibition.
But I will be adding the image to our print portfolio.
Watch www.crabfish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here;